Learn About UsWe are a community of followers of Jesus Christ, committed to live by faith, to be known by love, and to be a voice of hope. We welcome people from all walks of life, regardless of where you are in your spiritual journey.
- Pastor Marcus & Karee Kelly
- Nick & Mikaela Jonas
- Chris & Kim DePoppe
- John & Amy Jonas
- Shawn & Cassie McArther
Pastor Marcus grew up in Enumclaw and after moving away for several years, God answered his prayers to finally return. They’ve been pastoring New LIfe Foursquare since 2007 with the desire to love God and love people with all their hearts. Pastor Marcus works full time as the Sr Pastor, while Karee directs the worship team and is blessed to be able to stay home and home school their three kids.
Nick volunteers in Children’s church and at Youth Group.
Mikaela works part time in the church office, and is our Youth Director.
Nick grew up in Enumclaw and started attending New Life back in 2014 with his parents, and Mikaela started attending in 2015 when the two began dating. They have now been married a year, and are very active in the church. Both have a passion for working with the children and the youth, and feel very blessed they have that opportunity in such an amazing town. Outside of the church, the two enjoy spending time with their families and friends, football, and traveling.
Catalyst youth meets every Wednesday from 6:30pm-8:30pm.
The youth group is growing at a swift pace, and we are witnessing more and more of this next generation youth give their lives wholeheartedly to Christ. There is a very real sense of community and unity among the youth, as they strive to move deeper in their relationship with God, and one another. Each week we gather for a few high-energy games, and then meet in the classroom for the teaching, and a time of reflection and prayer.
Chris and Kim DePoppe have been married for 21 years and have 3 children. They began attending New Life in February 2008. They have continuously volunteered in children’s ministry for 15 years and served in many different roles. Their vision for children’s ministry was expanded when they attended a number of different children’s ministry conferences from 2001 to 2007. Their daughter, Jillian, has Down Syndrome and the family is an active member in the Enumclaw Special Olympics organization and since 2009 has lead a VBS (Vacation Bible School) for children with special needs. Their son, Jackson, volunteers in Special Olympics and helps with drama and media in children’s ministry. Their youngest daughter, Alyssa, participates in children’s ministry and cheers on the kids in Special Olympics.
John and Amy have been married for 15 years and they have three active children. They have lived in Enumclaw for 15 years, and attended New Life Foursquare since 2014. As a family they love football- their favorite teams are the Enumclaw Jr. Hornets and, of course, the Seahawks. They have a steadfast love for this community and their church. They believe that church and community go hand in hand. Working for a church that mirrors their love for the people of this community is a natural fit for them.
Cassie serves on staff as the Director of Ministries.
Her personal story of redemption gives her a compassionate heart for the lost and broken. She believes we as a Church have the up-most responsibility and privilege to love & serve one another ‘in’ and most importantly, outside of the walls of our congregation.
Shawn and Cassie McArthur both grew up in Enumclaw and are committed to serving and loving on the plateau! They became members of New Life Foursquare Church in 2010 and were married in 2011. They have two daughters and currently reside in Buckley.
What We Believe
- We prioritize joyous worship, honoring the Father, Son and Holy Spirit as we extol the life and love of our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 11:36-12:1-2).
- We hold to the creeds asserting Jesus as God’s virgin-born Son–His sinless life, atoning death and literal resurrection providing salvation (Acts 4:12).
- We focus a Christ-honoring, grace-based preaching and teaching ministry rooted in the authority of God’s eternal Word, the Holy Bible (2 Timothy 3:16).
- We prioritize the apostolic convictions in 2 Corinthians 5:14, 15; being constrained by the love of Christ knowing eternal souls are at risk, and commissioned by the grace of God since all who believe may be saved.
- We are constant to our founding call to worldwide, interdenominational evangelism, proclaiming to all that Jesus Christ is the Savior, Baptizer with the Holy Spirit, Healer, and Soon-Coming King (Acts 20:27).
Church Health and Biblical Balance
- We prioritize a personal and church lifestyle of vital joy and hope as Christ and His kingdom are described in John 10:10, Romans 14:17 and 15:13.
- We promote creative personal and church ministry that spreads the Gospel meets human need and multiplies life-begetting ministries (Phil. 1:9-11).
- We prioritize passion with order in worship, biblical grace with obedience in lifestyle, with liberty, wisdom and charity in all things (1 Corinthians 13:13; 14:40).
- We embrace all who love Christ, pursuing our distinct sense of mission and values, while affirming the whole church beyond our ranks (Philippians 2:1-10).
Fellowship and Ministry
- We prioritize planting and growing local churches as in Acts 9:31 and Ephesians 3:14-19, that believers may be grown, nurtured and equipped for ministry.
- We cultivate every-member ministry as in 1 Corinthians 12:12-27, Christ’s will being that His church be the living evidence of His love and power to the world.
- We honor the Holy Spirit’s call to and gifting’s of church leaders under Christ’s commission and lordship, irrespective of age, gender or ethnicity (Acts 2:17-18).
- We prioritize the apostolic plan for discipleship as in Acts 8:14-17; 19:1-6, calling believers to decisively open to the Holy Spirit’s fullness and fruit.
- We acknowledge the distinct and ongoing gift-giving ministry of the Spirit and instruct in how to minister in His power to Christ’s glory (1 Corinthians 12-14).
- We pursue faith-filled prayer, intercession and spiritual warfare with Holy Spirit enabled power and discernment as in Ephesians 6:10-20 and 1 Timothy 2:1-6.
- We prioritize the Gospel of Jesus Christ as God’s power unto salvation for all, begetting works of compassion, justice and human aid (Matthew 5:13-16).
- We place high value on the sanctity of human life, of biblical marriage and morality, and we welcome ethnic diversity (Isaiah 56:7; Philippians 2:15-16).
- We accept the timeless purpose of God through his ancient people Israel, and reject anti-Semitism and all ethnic discrimination (Romans 11:11-27; Acts 17:26).